Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Old Tucson Studios, Mon. Aug. 28th














The Old Tucson Studios promised a morning of entertainment...little did I know I would be part of the show. Upon arriving at the Studio we paused for photos and a large group shot. We were also taped as a group saying "Welcome back to the Mrs.America pageant in Tucson, Arizona!" and several other little soundbites that could be used later in the editing process. Walking into the property was literally like going back in time to the old west. The mountains in the background and the buildings looked so real. The movie Tombstone was filmed at this location. As we were taking our seats for a show they took volunteers for an activity. I had visited a little with one of the dancers on the way in the studios and she remembered I have a dance background. I was thrilled when she asked me to join them.
Off we went to learn how to Can-Can dance. Can't say that I had ever done that, anyway we changed into costume and began to learn the routine. I as surprised at how fast the tempo was and how quickly we all learned the dance. I absolutely loved it!! It was so energizing and fun. I don't know how those girls dance that all day long every day for the shows. That is some cardio workout. Then we enjoyed a wonderful meal on site and had time to relax and enjoy the scenery. Photos L to R: I took advantage of a photo op with a "real cowboy", I enjoyed the great food with Mrs.Montana-Cherith, Mrs.Arizona-Diane, and Mrs.Kentucky-Shawn...don't believe we don't eat just look at our plates, the next photo is of the entire group in front of the studio, and the last photo is of the Mrs.America ladies after we had danced the Can-Can.

No comments: