Monday, October 30, 2006

June 16th and17th IHSRA Queen Contest




Each year the Illinois High School Rodeo Association chooses a queen to represent them. Young ladies travel from all over the state to compete in interview, rodeo skills and riding, speech, on-stage question, and stage presentation. This year Kelsea Walker, the pageant director, invited me to be a judge for this two day event. It reminded me of my days showing Polled Hereford cattle at the county fair and area competitions. I learned so much about dedication, hardwork, and determination. I know I wouldn't be the person I am today without my years involved with 4-H and FFA. My parents were both incredibly supportive each playing an important role in my success. I could see each of these ladies learning and taking away life shaping experiences. Photos L to R: with Jenny B. a former IHSRA Illinios State queen and fellow judge, the ladies lined up ready to present their speeches, and with Kelsea Walker the director for the IHSRA Queen contest. Thanks for allowing me to share in this unique experience!

No comments: