Saturday, January 06, 2007

Southwest Elementary School


















November 15th & 16th I traveled to Danville,IL to spend a couple of days making appearances. On Wednesday I visited the Southwest Elementary School in the Danville area where I had the opportunity to speak with several of the second through fifth grade classes. When speaking with young people I want to empower them with information and encouragement to make good life choices. Explaining to them how to evaluate a situation and follow through with the best choice seems simple, but some children don't have that guidance. If the information I speak with them about sticks with one child, that is a success. Mrs.Pate's second grade class was such a pleasure! They were so well mannered and asked wonderful questions. I then met with the 4th-5th graders in the library where I saw many smiling and inquisitive faces. My favorite photo from this visit was the one taken with two beautiful young ladies. Their smiles just beamed when I offered for them to see and touch my crown. And yes, they too asked..."Is it real diamonds?"

No comments: