Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Aug 25th, Fox Theater Red Carpet Event






























The evening of the 25th we were transported in our "Mrs.America" bus to the fabulous Fox Theater for a viewing of Breakfast At Tiffany's. This may sound crazy, but I had never actually watched this movie from beginning to end. Sure I had seen bits and pieces, but never the whole thing. I was quite surprised at some of the social issues they addressed. Turns out it has some of my favorite old tunes in it. Anyway, we arrived to the real "red carpet" reception with a crowd and photographers. They were most excited to see their hometown girl, Mrs.Arizona Diane Tucker. Much to my surprise there was a lovely family from Illinois in the crowd cheering for me! I even had the opportunity to stop and speak with them for a few minutes. Upstairs we were treated to a reception and had a little time to visit with each other. We then were invited on stage to introduce ourselves and then ushered to our special seating. After the trail ride, barrel racing, and this beautiful evening I was exhausted. The bus ride back to the Ventana Canyon Resort was always much quieter following a full day of activities. Photos L to R: The marquee as we arrived at the Fox Theater, Making my "red carpet" entrance, and enjoying the reception with Mrs.Arkansas-Kim N., Mrs. Tennessee-Tracy P., and Mrs.Missouri-Lanie B.

No comments: