Friday, November 17, 2006

President's Dinner




















Saturday started out with SLEEPING IN!!! I had a free morning since my interview shoot was scheduled for another day. I rested, fit in a workout, went to BA-Da-Bing tanning. Yeah, I know the sun is great in Arizona, but do you know how hot it is? I spent some time sunning, but became overheated very quickly. Thank goodness the pool was close by. The afternoon was reserved for rehearsals with Frit and Frat. That evening we enjoyed the President's Dinner hosted in the Ventana Room. We had an amazing meal and all of the ladies were so beautiful! The gown I chose is from the Fall 2006 Diva Collection for Alyce Designs and one of the generous prizes from my state title. How often in "real life" do we have the opportunity to dine in evening gowns...? In the first photo Mrs.Missouri-Lanie B. and I were taking advantage of a photo opportunity together. The next photo I am presenting my state gift to Mr. Mike Dominguez, Director of Marketing for the Ventana Canyon Resort. Each year the delegates bring two gifts to Mrs.America, one for the host city's mayor and the other for another dignitary. I chose to take a gift certificate from Eli's Cheesecake in Chicago. I thought maybe he and his wife could order from the catalog and enjoy it together. The final photo is during dessert with the ladies from my table. The ladies in the photo are L-R: Mrs.Georgia, Mrs.Washington, Mrs.North Dakota, Mrs.California, Mrs.Hawaii, Mrs.Delaware, Mrs.Wyoming, and Mrs. Missouri. This is one of those events where I would look around the room and think "I am really at the President's Dinner". I know we were all excited and honored to be at this event.

No comments: