Wednesday, November 08, 2006

First full day of Mrs.America






Thursday, August 24th was the first official full day at Mrs.America...SCREAM!!! All I could think is "I'm finally here!" The morning was devoted to rehearsing with the afternoon being for the Diapering Contest. We went in groups of 10 for a total of 5 winners. Then the 5 had one final competition for the fastest baby diapering. I won my group and made it into the final 5, with the fastest time of the day I might add. We were all so competitive. The adrenaline was pumping and our hands were shaking afterward. Mrs.Washington, who hasn't diapered a baby in 23 yrs, won with the best time. The scenery in Tucson is just breathtaking. I honestly expected it to be dry and brown. Much to my surprise everything was green and just bigger than life. From my first view of the mountains I fell in love with Arizona. Three of the above photos are of the Diapering Contest and the remaining one is prior to leaving for the Arizona Mayor's Convention where we were the surprise guests. The Saguaro cactus, which is the state cactus, in the photo is believed to be over 200yrs old. I had such a fun time at this function. The mayors were invited to dance with the delegate from his home state. I was delighted to find out there were several men and women from Illinois. Meeting everyone and having photos taken with supporters helped to make me feel at home. I had the opportunity to swing dance a few times with someone from near my hometown. This was a wonderful start to an amazing experience!

No comments: