Thursday, November 02, 2006

July 21st at the Miss Clay County Fair Pageant





The evening of the Clay County Fair Pageant quite often presents the question "will rain or not". This year the weather held off just long enough to crown Samantha K. of Louisville as the new titleholder. Shortly after the announcement and crowning the weather could hold back no longer and a storm moved in. I am very proud of Samantha! In 2002 I directed the Jr. Miss Clay County Pageant and she was my 3rd titleholder. My how she has grown into such a lovely young woman. Samantha presented herself with such poise and grace during competition I had no question about how well she should finish. We have a rich family history at our county fair. Having learned so much about myself through 4-H and showing Polled Hereford Cattle it was such an honor to represent our county fair as the titleholder in 1994. In 2002 the fair board named the Fair Beef Barn in memory of my grandpa Cliff Cammon who had volunteered for over 50 years with the Illinois Association of Agricultural Fairs as Clay County Fair Beef Superintendent and for several years during the 70's and 80's as Fair Board President. Photos L to R: posing with my 7 yrd old niece Sydney as it began to rain, with the newly crowned Miss Clay Co. Fair 2006, I had the opportunity to get a quick shot with the 2006 Jr. Miss Clay County also, and then my absolute favorite photo...with my two guys Bay and Jackson. I have this in a frame that says "no ordinary mom". It was a gift from my close friend Libbie before traveling to compete at nationals. I kept this photo at my bedside while I represented Illinois at Mrs.America. My boys are so adorable!!!

No comments: