Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Flora Academic Foundation AppleKnocker Festival
















On our return home from Tucson I could see something on the garage door as we approached our house. My mother-in-law had made a sign and attached to the door so that when I got home I would know I am loved and supported. That was the perfect end to a great adventure! It meant so much to me that she would think to do that, thanks so much Peggy! Our neighbor had been taking care of our dog and they had left a plate of my favorite chocolate chip cookies on the counter along with a note of encouragement. I have such amazing friends and family, I am truly blessed.
My first appearance after returning home was the 17th annual AppleKnocker Festival hosted by the Flora Academic Foundation the last Saturday in September. It is a festival full of educational activities, yummy food booths, and lots of entertainment. In the second photo I am thanking them for the rose they presented to me and giving a quick review of my time as Mrs.Illinois. I love the photo with the little girls from Das-zle Dance. They look so cute in their pink cowboy hats and the clown on stilts adds a certain element of fun. The last photo is what it is all about. Miss Kasey was looking at my crown and when I told her she could hold it her eyes grew to the size of half dollars. She was so careful and looked excited to hold the crown. Of course as usual they all asked if it was made of real diamonds...I wish!!

No comments: