Thursday, December 07, 2006

A Tucson Monsoon




Our final day of the Mrs.America pageant. I think we were all ready, but it was sad to see it end. Mrs.Wyoming-Aimee and I kept joking about how we were staying in Tucson and our families could come and visit. It was just so nice to have a wonderful buffet prepared at each meal, housekeeping to keep the room just right, and activities planned each evening. As wives and mothers we are the ones that does all of that for our families. It was nice to be pampered! The first photo is the view of the Kiva Courtyard as we approach for final rehearsal. It was so green, lush and quite the lovely view. The next photo is with Mrs.Idaho-Liz and Mrs.Minnesota-Holly while we were cooling off during a water break at rehearsals. I think this was by far the hottest day. The third photo is what happens in Tucson during Monsoon season. Excuse me...did anyone know there was a monsoon season in Arizona? News to me! I had always just thought of it being a dry climate...guess not. We actually had pretty good luck missing the big rain storms. As we were on stage rehearsing for finals a huge clap of thunder sounded and we all looked at each other wondering "what does this mean". The Loews is at the foothills of the Catalina Mountains which is a beautiful place, but whoa the thunder is so clear and loud. We had to put the brakes on rehearsals and wait it out. On my way back to my room to prepare for finals I ran into one of the servicemen conducting border patrol. We had been sharing the resort with several young men serving our country. They were incredibly respectful and made us so proud to be representing the married women in America. I had encouraged Culp to attend the finals in his fatigues and extended an extra ticket to him. It is a small gesture of gratitude for such a selfless act as protecting our country. Then it was time to prep for finals.

No comments: