Monday, December 04, 2006

Journey to Mount Lemon

































The afternoon of Thursday, August 31st had us traveling by bus up Mount Lemon. A group of delegates were selected to make the trip to Mt Lemon for the shoot. WOW!! It is a very odd feeling to be in a huge bus looking straight down a cliff at 9,000 ft elevation. I'm glad I wasn't driving...didn't need that added pressure. We were instructed to bring a sweater so I wore long sleeves thinking I would be warm. It helped, but it was amazing how cool it was at the very top. I think I could have wore pants and been just fine. Quite a switch from the high 90's down in Tucson. This was another great opportunity for some photos. The first shot is with our producer, Peter just before loading the ski lift to go back down the mountain. Another photo is of the scenic view we had coming down Mt Lemon. I knew there was no way I could really capture the incredible expanse, but wanted to share the beauty as much as possible. The large group shot is a perfect example of how we really were. Always laughing and enjoying the opportunity before us. The other photo is of myself and Mrs.Montana-Cherith as we were coming up the mountain, getting ready to jump off and enjoy the view. She revealed a fear of heights and was a little unsettled about the ski lift. I was so proud of her, she jumped right on and did an amazing job! There had been a fire on Mt Lemon several years ago and there were still charred trees everywhere. It was really interesting to see how the vegetation comes back and the mountain is restored.

No comments: