Monday, December 18, 2006

Louisville Fall Harvest Festival Pageant 2006


















I spent a large portion of my childhood in a little town named Louisville where the population never topped 1300. It is where all of my grandparents lived and as a small child I had always wanted to move back home and be close to my family. That is exactly what happened, only in a small town everyone becomes your extended family. When I turned 16yrs old along with getting a drivers license I wanted to participate in the annual Fall Festival Pageant. It is kind of like a right of passage "so to say" in our area. Having just turned 16yrs old on the 4th of October I competed and won the title on the 26th of the same month. After becoming married and having the desire to be around pageants I coached 3 consecutive winners. Yeah! I am so proud of those girls. One of just celebrated her first wedding anniversary. This year I found myself invited back to judge the competition. Of course, I couldn't refuse. To return to a program grounded in selecting a strong young woman making good life choices was something I wanted to be a part of. The first photo is with my second winner I had coached, Emily M. Each year several past title holders return to the competition held during the annual Fall Festival. It is a huge reunion seeing people from high school and others you've not seen in years. The second photo was on Thursday evening at the interviews with each contestant. The other two ladies are Amy T and Chris, the young woman standing is Julia Wendling the reigning titleholder from last year. The last photo is with two of the most beautiful ladies in Clay County, Whitney and Morgan L. Of course, I am a little biased afterall they are my cousins.

No comments: