Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Interviews at Mrs.America




The all important moment we prepare for...the interview. Personally my favorite segment of competition. The morning went really well and fell together quite nicely. My group included: Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois and Indiana beginning at 10:35am. I felt confident and excited about how well my interview went. A special thanks to Justin Rudd for his assistance in my preparation and fine tuning my communication skills! Following the interview I, by chance, saw my directors in the Canyon Cafe and had the chance to sit and chat for awhile. Then we met with Marcie's husband Joe, the executive producer for Mrs. Illinois America, and I stayed downstairs even longer. It was so nice to see them, express to them my gratitude for being there and catch up with my Mrs.Illinois family. They are with me in the first photo along with the granddog BeBe. The next photo was taken at the National Anthem Project Seminar. Several of us had the opportunity prior to nationals to participate in the National Anthem Project Roadshow. I know my time in Chicago at Navy Pier with the roadshow will always be a highlight of my reign. The ladies at the table are:New York-Lidia, California-Sheryl, Vermont-Barbara, Colorado-Marney, Illinois-Julie, Oregon-Kati, Oklahoma-Chastity, Hawaii-Peblz, Montana-Cherith, and North Carolina-Staci. While at seminar Mrs.Minnesota-Holly and I took advantage of another photo op. Why do I do that? I am vertically challenged enough...next to her I look like a smurf! Love Ya Holly!!! That evening we all took advantage of the opportunity to unwind at the Budda Bar Lounge on the resort. It was a great chance to meet several of the delegates family members that had arrived. We danced until, as adults, we knew it was time to get some rest before more rehearsals. The group photo from the Budda is myself, Batsheva, Nicole Brink (Mrs. World 2002), Mrs. Minnesota-Holly, and Mrs. Kentucky-Shawn. I can remember watching the 1992 Miss Teen USA pageant on TV and taping it to help prepare to compete the next year. That year Nicole (L.) Brink was Miss Indiana Teen USA and I later watched her compete for other national titles. Wow, that is a very successful pageant career!

No comments: