Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Mrs.America Quiz Show



















Monday, September 4th was full of rehearsals. We worked all morning and returned for more after lunch. At 4pm we were released to prepare to film the Mrs.America Quiz Show. I was very curious how everyone scored on the quiz. Surprisingly I knew several of the answers and felt very confident about getting a good score. You see the quiz was based on information about Arizona, the Mrs.America organization, and things learned while in Tucson. A few of the questions were: What is the Arizona state cactus?, Who is the Mayor of Tucson?, How many Mayors are there in Arizona?, What state did the current Mrs.America represent as a delegate?, What anniversary is this year for Mrs.America Org.?, and What is the name of the restaurant we eat at everyday? Some were more difficult than others. Thanks to my observation and assessment skills, from my nursing experience, I tied with Mrs.Minnesota for the best score. However when they announced the scores Holly and I were the last two called. I started to think I did much worse on the quiz than I thought. We only missed 7 out of 25, which isn't bad since we live nowhere near Arizona. I made it through all of the questions until the last one: Which state delegate has an identical twin sister? Holly was the only one who answered correctly. I had no idea who that was, but cool I was in the quiz show. Yeah! The first photo is with Mrs.Mississippi-Kristy prior to filming the quiz show. The second photo is when Batsheva received her gift from us. We had ordered her a custom design crown ring through Mrs.Oregon's jeweler in her home state. Thanks to him we had a one of a kind gift to express our gratitude to her.

No comments: